Fire and Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of warriors. Which side are you on?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost Kit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Foxstar

Foxstar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 3:47 pm

As Iceclan made their way to the gathering, a tom carried a scrawny mouse through the snow. His tail dragged behind him in a defeated way, but his ears pricked up as he spotted his temporary den.

Inside the den, a small kitten cried for her supper. She wanted the warm milk that her mother always supplied for her, and the comforting warmth of her body. Suddenly the tom squeezed through the opening of the den with a mouse in his jaws. He bit off a piece and pushed it towards her, but the kitten didn't stop crying. "Hush, it's alright!" said the Tom. The kitten quieted down a bit and started to sniff at the piece of mouse. The tom murmered encouragement as the kitten picked it up and began to chew. Then the tom curled around her as she snuggled in close to him and tried to eat the mouse, but just the same, tears rolled down her face as she faced the reality. "It's alright, Foxkit, don't cry," the tom comforted. But deep in her heart, the kit knew. Her mother was never coming back.

The tom wished that he had decided to go hunting instead of his mate. He wished he had never fallen in love with a clan cat when he was a rouge. He wished she had never been chasing that plump rabbit across the river, when the ice wasn't strong enough to hold her weight. He wished that he had been able to save her. But most of all, he wished he could find someone who would care for their kit. That was when he decided. He would bring their kit to live in a clan. He would give Foxkit to Iceclan!
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 4:56 pm

Shadowpaw bounded silently through the Icy Forest, his nose quivering the air, searching for the scent that belonged with the sounds he had heard. His black pelt stuck out against the silvers and whites of the snow covered forest. His amber orbs searched for the den.

At last he spotted the mess of logs and brambles. There were footprints around the dn, and scents and kit sounds from inside. Shadowpaw padded silently up to the den, and glanced inside. There was a kit and tom inside. Rouges. He unsheathed his claws and prepared to fight. To warn the tom, he purposely steeped on a twig, snapping it.
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Foxstar

Foxstar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 5:53 pm

Foxkit's nose picked up on a strange scent, a scent she had never smelled before. Terrified that her father would wake up and find her gone, she ran back fast, faster that her friend Danafere the rabbit. When she reached her home, she realised that the scent was by her home. She crawled in through her escape tunnel and burrowed back into her father's fur. Suddenly, a black cat with amber eyes peered into the den. Foxkit gulped. Her father's head shot up as the other tom stepped on a twig, then rested on his paws. He was asleep again!

Willing herself to be brave, Foxkit convinced herself that he must have killed many rabbits. Foxkit loved rabbits, something she never told her father. Ever since she was only one moon old, she had loved rabbits. But now she was five moons old, almost six. she could take care of her den and the rabbits.

"What are you doing in my den? Get out before I flay you, Rabbit-Killer!"

At the sound of Foxkit's shout, her father awoke. I know that smell, he thought. Why, it's Iceclan scent. IceClan wouldn't harm a kit, but they would harm a rouge! I must get out of here! So Foxkit's father dashed out of the den and raced away. The other tom would hopefully be caught off guard and distracted by Foxkit, so the tom could easily escape. I will return, he vowed. I will return for Foxkit, and then we shall leave this horrible place. Never again will I return to the place where Rosepetal died!

Foxkit ran after her father, but she was farther behind than the tom. Whatever she did, Foxkit just kept falling farther behind. She let out an eerie wail. "Wait for me!" But the toms had faded off into the distance, and Foxkit was all alone. Foxkit began to crawl back to her den to wait for her father. He would come back, wouldn't he? Where are you? When are you coming home? Suddenly, the black tom came running after her.

Last edited by Foxstar on September 16th 2009, 8:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 8:50 pm

Shadowpaw was knocked aside by the tom as he gazed at the ginger kit, but not totally by lack of strength, for the tom wanted to see what would happened. His amber gazed blazed as she insulted him and demanded answers. He had only killed rabbits for food, and had never tortured the prey. His eyes widened in recognition; this was Rosepetal's kit. He had just opened her eyes when she had died. His "misfortune" as some had called it had not been reconized yet. The kit tried to run after the tom, but the rouge was faster.

Shadowpaw leaped across the snow, swallowing the distance with his unusually long stride, to which the kti's was no match. He easily cleared a fallen oak, which the kit scrambled over. The kit oddly turned around, and beagn to scramble back to the den, as the tom disappeared in the distance.He extended his dusky paws, careful that his claws were sheathed. He gently scooped the kit into the air, catching it in his jaws. He accidently scratched it with his ivory fangs, and he hoped that the now torn ear wasn't too badly wounded. The salty taste of blood welled in his mouth, and he paused, dropping the kit. He then picked the ginger kit up by her scruff, and raced back towards his mentor...
Back to top Go down
Foxstar

Foxstar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 9:01 pm

Was this the end? Foxkit had no idea. All she knew was that this tom had bitten her ear. By accident! she reminded herself. But I still need to wait for my father in the den, where he can find me! But perhaps it was better to go with a cat who could hunt. After all, Foxkit didn't know how yet. I wish Daddy hadn't left, Foxkit thought. Now I've lost both my parents. Foxkit could smell the scent of Danafere, her rabbit friend, as Danafere whispered "You'll be alright, FoxCat." Danafere always called her FoxCat so the other rabbits would know that Foxkit was a cat, not a fox. It usually made Foxkit feel like a warrior, but not today. Confused and hurt that her father had left her and her mother was dead, Foxkit once again began her silent crying. Hopefully the tom wouldn't notice.

Last edited by Foxstar on September 16th 2009, 8:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2009, 7:49 am

(After your next post, wait until Dawn comes back.)
Shadowpaw detected a subtle chang ein the kits breathing. He set her down on his paw so she woudn't be cold. He then began licking the kit, trying to comfort her. He hoped that when she calmed down, he could pick her up and she would come calmly like all kits almost always do when being carried by their scruff. He groomed the rouge kit, no Rosepetal's kit. He payed special attention to the ear. Glancing around, he spotted a cobweb and some dried marigold in the hollow of a tree. They hadn't been their before. He gently set the kit in the snow between his paws, and scented the air. He scented a cat, who's scent was sweet. 'Spottedleaf.' He glanced around, but didn't catch a glimpse of the former ThunderClan medicine cat. He cocked his ears and just heard the usual sounds of the forest. The tom relaxed, ancd padded towards the trunk. Shadowpaw chewed up the marigold, trying not to pay attention to the bitter taste. He carefully packed the torn ear after giving it a once over. This was the first time he had tried healing a cat, and he had only seen it done a few times before. The dusky tom then picked up the kit one more time, and once more came bounding back towards her mentor.
Back to top Go down
Foxstar

Foxstar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2009, 4:35 pm

Get ahold of yourself, Foxkit! You're almost six moons old! Foxkit tried to relax. Her ear felt better now, though it had stung at first when the tom had put it on her ear. She amused herself by trying to bite her tail. Suddenly, she succeded. Ouch! What a mouse-brained thing to do! She focused on the black tom again. Perhaps he really was only trying to help her. Maybe he was bringing her to milk. Mmm. Milk. Her stomach rumbled at the thought of milk. But I'm too old for milk! After Foxkit's mother had died, another cat, a friend of her father, had fed her, since that she-cat had had kits of her own. But as soon as Foxkit was old enough to eat fresh-kill, the she cat had left. It was too dangerous for her, her mate, her three kits, and Foxkit and her father to all live in the clan territories. There were seven rouges in one territory then! Foxkit wondered where the black tom was taking her, but she was no longer afraid. She was rather curious. She watched the ground go by. Suddenly, she looked up and saw another cat.
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2009, 10:26 am

Dawnpelt wached her apprentice run up to her with the small kit in his mouth. She was not suprised when she relized it was Rosepetals kit, she had known all along. "What's this Shadowpaw, she asked calmy, but she could not hide the curiosity in her voice. The small kit looked up at her. She sighed, "What happened Shadowpaw?"

(Meh Short)
Back to top Go down
Foxstar

Foxstar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2009, 11:04 am

THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,
for posting!!

Foxkit looked up at the other cat, an orange she-cat with amber eyes bounded towards her. She was even bigger than the tom!
"What's this, Shadowpaw?" asked the she-cat. She was obviously curious.
Shadowpaw must be the name of this tom, thought Foxkit. The she-cat sighed and asked "What happened, Shadowpaw?" Foxkit decided to take matters into her own hands.
"I was with my father in our den, then he came," she jerked her head at Shadowpaw. "and scared my father away. and now he's kidnapped me and is going to eat me!" Foxkit kept her voice calm and assertive during while she told the story. Now the she-cat could either deny Foxkit would be eaten, or Foxkit would be off like a rabbit to Danafere's warren.

Last edited by Foxstar on March 28th 2010, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2009, 9:32 pm

Shadowpaw let a rare grin spread across his maw. He shook his head at the kit, then raised his eyes to his mentor. Shadowpaw nodded, and shrugged, trying to signal that he thought the kit was amusing, but he did not intend to eat the kit. He tilted his head to the side, wondering what to do with the kit. Waiting for an answer, he began swiping a paw across his face, from where the ginger kit had spat on him. He tried not to make a face of disgust, yet he failed, making a comical lip-twitching.
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2009, 9:51 pm

Dawnpelt smiled at the young apprentice, purring with amuesment. "No, young one, he will not eat you" she said turning to the kit. Turning back to Shadowpaw, she flicked her tail across his back and murmered softly into his ear, "bring her back to camp, and meet me after the gathering."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2009, 10:04 pm

Shadowpaw nodded, and scooped up the kit, . Floundering through the powdery snow, he made his way back to the camp, fur standing on end, messy as ever. He was excited and curious about the kit, and eager to bring him back to camp...

... Shadowpaw dashed back to Dawnpelt, quicker because he no longer had the kit. He stayed more on top of the snow too. He skid to a halt beside Dawnpelt, accidentally showering her with snow. He parted his jaws, laughing silently. The effect was actually quite odd to those who did not know him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Kit   Lost Kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Kit
Page 1 of 1