Welcome to the world of warriors. Which side are you on?

HomePortalMemberlistFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dawnpelt
Deputy

PostSubject: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 11th 2009, 8:12 pm

Here is mine, it took me 20 min. to read this outloud!

So basicaly we had to write a story for school, but I was going to write this anyway, so, yeh.

To clear things up, Aragorn was raised by Elrond, and Elladan and Elrohir are Elrond's sons.

Please comment.

Estel was sweating hard, the practice sword felt like lead in his hands. Haytham’s sword made a whistling sound as it came down on his shoulder. Glorfindel leapt up with his hands in the air, yelling “Stop!” right as Haytham was about to come crushing down on Estel’s head.

Isaac and Jay giggled and patted Haytham on the back. “Great job Haytham,” said Jay, who might as well be considered Haythem’s brother. “Except it couldn’t have been that hard, even Kayne could beat that human”. Haytham gave Jay a gentle shove and than turned around to give Estel a mocking glare.

Of course none of this was within Glorfindel’s earshot, though he did notice the glare, which worried him. If this bullying went any farther he would have to report it to Elrond. Like all of the other older elves though, he was not aware of the true extend of the bullying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estel walked home in silence, humming a sad tune to himself. Suddenly out of the gloom jumped a shape. He backed away slowly, fearing the worst. He got worse than the worst. It was Haytham and his friends.

They shoved him into the mud, grinding his face in it. “I know you’re going to tell Elrond about this soon, well you better not, let’s put it that way”. Haytham grinned before kicking his feeble ribs.

Estel squeezed his eyes shut and cried in pain. When he opened them again the fear was evident in his eyes. He was on a less traveled road, which he took to try to avoid Haytham and his friends. Now if they decided to beat him, there would be no one around to save him.

“You know what,” hissed Haytham, “Elrond doesn’t love you, neither do Elladan or Elrohir.” Estel sniffled.

“Ha! Look at him!,” cried Jay “he is a disgrace to his race”. Now Haytham, Jay, and Isaac were shoving Estel around, laughing. Finally they turned to go to their families, for it was getting dark. Right before Haytham was out of sight he cried out “if you tell anybody about this, I’ll slit your neck and they neck of anybody with you think loves you. And you know what they say about elvin twins, if one dies, the other does, in grief!” He made the “I’m watching you” sign before disappearing into the darkness.

Estel, being seven, believed every word he said. He sat there alone and confused, he cried, he slept, and eventually when his mind cleared a bit he began to think how sad it is that a young, smart elf like Haytham was relying on bullying. Estel was a very intuitive seven year old. Soon Estel drifted off into a very deep sleep were he lay, covered in mud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elladan shuffled down to his father’s sudy bafter being summoned. He ran into Elrohir on the way there, who was muttering something about not having time for this. Elladan just sighed and walked on next to Elrohir, wishing this to be over quick.

It was not to be so. He gave a knock at his father’s door and a strong voice answered “come in”. Elladan knew something was wrong the instant he saw his father’s worried face. He bowed down beside his brother, worried. “Ada,” murmured Elrohir “we came as quickly as we could” said Elladan finishing his twin’s sentence as he often did.

“Estel is missing” Elrond said. Both of the younger elves head’s shot up with worry. Elrond went on to explain their mission, which was to find their brother. They bowed to their father and got up to leave, and Elladan knew the look on his father’s face. It was the “I’m dead serious” look and he knew that if he did not come back with his foster brother, even if it was not his fault, well, it didn’t matter if it wasn’t he and his brother’s fault if their father thought it was. As they stepped into the barn and leapt onto their horses, Elladan noticed that his brother was on the verge of tears. “It’ll be okay Elrohir, he’s probably just off playing with some friends.”

Legolas, the crown prince of Mirkwood, trotted along the mud covered path. His father had sent him out to carry a message to Lord Elrond of Rivendell. Legolas was annoyed with his father; apparently he is a messenger for Mirkwood instead of the prince. He was always travelling to Rivendell and back, and the only upside to that was that he got to see his friends, Elladan and Elrohir. Not that he was stuck-up and snobby or anything, but his father really got on his nerves….

His thoughts were cut short when he saw a small human boy, clad in brown elvin robes, sleeping on the side of the road in a pile of mud. He ran up to the boy and knelt down beside him, shaking him gently. The boy sat up and instantly started to cry.

Legolas picked up him up and started to cradle him in his arms. The boy started to shiver, “ada?” he said weakly. Legolas froze. Ada? Ardar was the elvin word for father, and many children called their parents ada. “Ada!” the boy said again, this time with panic in his voice. Legolas frowned, this boy must still be half asleep! “No, you don’t love me, stay away!” the boy creid. Elvish! This young human boy was speaking elvish!

The boy shook his head, suddenly seeming to wake up a bit more, but not fully. “Dan? Ro?” he said in a slurring voice. “No, I’m not either of them” Legolas said, speaking softly, surprised even more at this. Suddenly the boy was fully awake. He lunged for a small practice sword a couple feet away from him. He picked it up and pointed it at Legolas, as if to challenge a trespasser. Legolas was surprised by the boy’s agility and speed. “Do not fear me” he said in, again, a soft voice. The practice sword quivered in the young boy’s hand.

From further up the path, Legolas heard sudden hoof beats. He prepared his bow, ready for the worst. The boy jumped back, surprised and afraid. Legolas lowered his bow after he heard the voices of his friends. “Do not fear Elladan, for like you said, he is probably off with friends.””I hear fear in your voice to, Elrohir, it is after midnight now and he is still gone, I am in despair” cracked the answering voice of Elladan.

They did not notice Legolas until they were about ten feet away from him. Not recognizing him at first, they instantly drew their swords. After they saw who it was, the let their heavy swords fall to the ground. They embraced Legolas and picked up Estel to cradle in their arms. He would not meet their eyes.

Estel sat patiently on Elrohir’s horse as they made their way back home. They spoke mostly to Legolas, but occasionally they would try to start a conversation with Estel, which he would not allow.

Soon they reached the house and there, standing at the doorway, was Elrond. A warm smile spread across his face when he saw Estel. Estel himself turned away, not willing to meet his father’s eyes.

Elrond ran up to Estel and cradled him in his arms him. Estel struggled to get away, but Elrond held him fast. Before he would even acknowledge Legolas, he had to speak to his youngest son. He carried Estel to his study. He opened the door and set Estel down on a chair by his desk.

“Now ion nin, what happened to you?” asked Elrond kindly. Estel did not answer. Elrond sat in his chair and waited patiently for Estel to speak. Time past, Estel did not know how much time, but before long he tried to slip out of his chair and go to bed. Elrond was full of pain as he watched his son leave his office, but they were both tired, maybe he would talk in the morning.

Estel lay in his soft bed. He was exhausted, but he could not find sleep. When it did come, it was not pleasant.

He was lost in a dark void. There was nothing, no color, no sound, no feeling. He struggled to find something, anything. He knew he was in a dream, but he was still terrified. After awhile he noticed a spinning sensation. It was not a feeling, but a sensation. At least he knew he wasn’t dead, even if it were a just a dream. Or he could be….? Suddenly there was a light. Not light all over, but light coming from one single source, coming closer and closer. A voice. An image of an elf, Elrond to be precise. Though the voice did not belong to his father, it belonged to Haytham. “Elrond doesn’t love you, neither do Elladan or Elrohir” the voice taunted. He definitely had feeling back now, and he was falling and falling.

Estel’s eyes flew open and he shot up into a sitting position. He was covered in sweat and breathing fast. He felt like getting up and going to go lay with his father, but no, he couldn’t do that. He couldn’t go to either of his brother’s rooms either. Legolas, yes, that is where he would go, the prince of Mirkwood seemed nice enough, and he needed to go to somebody. He clumsily got out of bed and out of his room. Now, he just had to remember where the guest quarters were….

Estel eventually found the right room and stumbled in, instantly awakening Legolas, who was a light sleeper. “Young Estel, what brings you here at this time in the morning!?” asked Legolas. “I had a scary dream” answered Estel, who was looking down at his feet. “Shouldn’t you go to your ada than?” Legolas stated, as it was more of a statement than a question, before coming over to pick up the crying human and putting him on his own bed.

“He doesn’t love me,” Estel half whined, half whispered.”Of course he does” countered Legolas. That was the biggining of a long discussion, and an even longer friendship. Estel told Legolas of all his doubts when it came to his family. Legolas listened quite well, and gave great advice, but when he gave the best advice he had, Estel froze up. “No, I cannot speak to ada about this!””And why not?” asked Legolas, almost impatiently. “Because he will not understand” answered Estel, bowing his head shamefully, for he had never kept anything from his father. Legolas laughed than, a joyful elvin laugh, the kind Estel loved to hear.”Your ada is six thousand years old!” exclaimed Legolas “I’m sure he has run into this kind of thing before.” With that last thought, Estel fell into a deep, peaceful sleep.

He awoke in his father’s study. Elrond was kneeling beside him, stroking Estel’s long brown hair. As soon as Elrond saw Estel’s eyes flicker open he began to sing to him about love and family. “I will always love you ion nin, you are my son, and your brothers will always love you for you are their brother.” He continued to stoke his son’s hair until Estel again fell asleep.

Estel awoke a few hours later feeling refreshed. He was still in his father’s study, but his father had left. Sunlight glinted through the windows of thestudy. He stretched and started on his way to breakfast. He knew what his father said was true, and he was grateful that Legolas had talked to his father, even if it was against his will. He knew it was Legolas of course, who else could it have been?

Legolas was waiting for him at breakfast. He went over to where Legolas was sitting and hugged him. “Thank you, my friend” murmured Estel. Legolas smiled warmly and returned the hug, happy for his newfound friend.

Estel walked to the sword practice arena confidently. He would show those bullies, he would show them real sword fighting. When he got there no one was there. He shrugged and decided to sit and wait for Glorfindel and his classmates to get there.

Suddenly he heard light footsteps coming up from behind him; he swung around excitedly, expecting Glorfindel so his lessons could start. Instead, there stood Haytham. Estel turned back around pretending to ignore him.”We have the day off idiot. We don’t have practice today.” Estel had completely forgotten! He felt a blush rising up his neck. “You completely forgot didn’t you? Wow, you really are stupid.” Estel kept ignoring him, or at least trying to.”So, did you go cry to your ada about me?” said Haytham while smirking.

Estel whirled around and pushed Haytham. “What did you just do to me!?” screamed Haytham. “I pushed you” replied Estel snootily. “I dare you to do it again!” cried Haytham. Estel pushed him again. Haytham made a strange growling noise before lashing out his foot to trip Estel. Estel jumped out of the way and landed with his hands where his feet were in a pushup position. Haytham lashed out his foot again, this time intending a blow to the face. Estel was too quick for him though, he did a backwards summersault from the push up position. Estel lunged at Haytham and they tumbled around in close hand to hand combat in the grass.

Elrohir heard the screeching at the same time as his brother. They raced up the hill to the sword arena to see two figures fighting in the grass. He was shocked to find that one of them was Estel. Elladan immediately went over to them and broke it up. Elrohir recognized the second person involved in the fight as one of Estel’s classmates. He was shocked to find that Estel’s opponent barely breathing. Before even stopping to look at Haytham, Elladan started to scream at Estel, for he knew what he would see if he did look. His normally rambunctious older twin could look so much like their father when he was angry!

After listening to a bit more screaming and watching little Estel rock back and forth, wailing, Elrohir couldn’t take it anymore. He stormed over to his brother and grabbed his wrists. “Enough!” he screamed “can’t you see you’re scaring him!””B-but he….” stammered Ellandan, before trying violently to shake Elrohir’s hands off his wrists. “He’ll get in enough trouble with ada! Don’t you see!?” cried Elrohir, “I don’t want fight you but I’m afraid you’ll hurt him!” Elladan ignored Elrohir and kept trying to free his wrists. Soon they were fighting. Much more gracefully of course than Estel and Haytham, but fighting all the same. They didn’t notice Estel sitting there, crying. Neither did they notice the figure that came up behind them.

Legolas grabbed the hair of each of the twins with each hand, and then he pulled, hard. “Well, what a pleasant surprise Elrond will have!” he cried. Both the twin’s faces turned pale. “You wouldn’t” whispered Elrohir. “I sure would!” Legolas said “Elladan, grab Estel, Elrohir, grab the elfling.””Make us” said Elrohir. “Okay” ,he squeezed the hair on the top of their scalps as hard as he could. They yelped in unison and grabbed the young ones. Elladan made one last escape attempt. Legolas looked at his sternly, but grinning all the same. “You will listen and do what the crown prince of Mirkwood tells you do” laughed Legolas. “Well I am the crown prince of Rivendell, were you just happen to be!” Elladan fumed. Legolas just smiled, “what does that have to do with anything?” he said, still grinning, before squeezing their hair even tighter.

Elrond was trying to figure out what do about the message Legolas delivered when Legolas himself entered. He was holding onto Elladan and Elrohir by the hair and they were holding hands with Estel and another elfling. Legolas threw them all aside, closed the doors, and strode up to Elrond’s desk. “What?” asked the powerful elf lord, pressing a finger on either side of his upper nose by his eyes. It did not escape his attention that almost everyone in the room looked like they had just killed a hundred orcs with their bare hands.

“Oh, a lot, I’m not exactly sure what happened so I will leave this to Elladan.” Elrohir shot Legolas a death glare. “I was with Elrohir and we found Estel in a fight with this elfling here-“ Elladan started. “WHAT!” shouted Elrond, glaring at his youngest. Estel did not move and said nothing. “Not only that, but when I found everyone it was Elladan and Elrohir that were fighting!” Legolas piped up. “Legolas, please leave, you are not helping, and take the elfling with you and get him medical treatment” ordered Elrond, trying to control the anger in his voice. “He was enjoying this” muttered Elrohir after Legolas left. Elrond shot him a glare that said “If you don’t shut up you will be working in the stables until you are ten thousand years old.”

After Legolas left Elrond sighed to calm himself down. “Have I taught you nothing, my ion nins” Elrond said slowly. Elrohir spoke next “Ada, we-.” “You what?” screamed Elrond “you are a disgrace to your races! Get out of my sight!” No one moved. Soon Estel started to cry. “Go to your rooms, my children, give me time to think” Elrond spoke softly and his voice was filled with grief.

All three of them walked slowly out of the room. Elladan would not speak to either of them. He walked into his own room. Estel disobeyed his father and followed Elrohir into his room and lay down on top of his brother’s lap on his brother’s bed. “Ro,” squeaked Estel “I’m scared and confused. “I know,” said Elrohir “I know. Then Elladan came into the room, they all stared at each other hollow eyed before they embraced, all shaking in grief.

Elrond walked into Elrohir’s room to discover all his sons sleeping. He smiled and walked over to his sons and stood by them until they awoke. “You shall be confined in the house until I think you have learned you lesson” he said gravely. Elrond then gave them a warm smile, after that, embracing them all. “I am sorry for yelling at you” Elrond said “and Estel, I think there is someone who wishes to speak to you.” (Haytham)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunstar
Leader

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 11th 2009, 9:43 pm

i actually nearly fell asleep while listening! (sorry) Sleep

idk man i give up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpelt
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 1:17 pm

Thank toyu, you make me feel GREAT about my writing abilities Sunstar

(No, I really know that you had no clue what was going on, but that just proves all the more that you should read the books of at least wach the movies!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonheart
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 1:46 pm

How does it prove that he should watch the movies if he was bored from your story?
In fact, it actually proves otherwise.
Please explain.

Maybe Al Gore was right...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpelt
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 1:50 pm

You were just bored because you did not understand what was going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonheart
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 1:52 pm

Hey who said I was bored. Although I, infact, was bored at times.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redfur

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 1:56 pm

The last 1.5 pages lasted 7 min.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpelt
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 2:01 pm

Well the teacher did not ask how long it would take she just asked how much I had left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonheart
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 2:25 pm

Detail, details...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpelt
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 7:58 pm

YEP!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonheart
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 12th 2009, 11:22 pm

...and for those that are wondering, most of our class is like that (including me *shifty eyes*) What a Face

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foxstar

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 13th 2009, 12:52 pm

I liked your story, Dawnpelt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpelt
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 13th 2009, 1:37 pm

Thank you Foxstar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foxstar

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 14th 2009, 12:21 pm

AND I UNDERSTOOD IT PERFECTLY, EVEN THOUGH I HAD NEVER READ THE OTHER BOOKS OR SEEN ANY OF THE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because a short story is long doesn't mean it's not good, it just means the author put extra effort into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonheart
Deputy

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 25th 2009, 4:21 pm

(not meaning anything by this, but just to point out) Isn't "a long short story" an oxy-moron?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foxstar

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   November 25th 2009, 5:35 pm

ooh!
Razz
Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy   

Back to top Go down

MY totaly awsome story that almost eveyone has head alredy
Page 1 of 1