Fire and Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of warriors. Which side are you on?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chance to become an Admin!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

Chance to become an Admin! Empty
PostSubject: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2010, 8:33 am

We need to get everything updated on the site. Some of this includes customized images like the banner and the button.

Basically all of this is a lot of work, and I need help with it. People who help have chances to become a mod or an admin.

Who we need:

someone with Photoshop or GIMP

someone who knows at least a bit about BBC code

someone who can read my illegible scrawl and type things up for me. (has to be someone I know IRL, and will be able to have contact with)

multiple people to audition for and RP the characters necessary to the site

We need people who fufill at leat one of the above requirements to achieve the following to do list:

Make new banner

Make new skin

Catch up plot

Update plot

Get all characters introduced

get all characters adopted

Get pictures for all areas

make new button

get an advertisement campaign up

add archives

Do I have any volunteers for any one of the jobs?

Last edited by Icestar on June 28th 2010, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Moonheart
Deputy
Moonheart

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 12:52 pm

I have photoshop and I suppose I could type things up.

But what do you mean by "Make new skin?"
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 6:45 pm

It involves using BBC code. Essentially, the appearance of the site will be different. I can help with this, because I JUST GOT PHOTOSHOP BACK!!!! WOOT! *ahem*

And Foxstar is typing up the current segment right now, but as soon as she finishes, I'll keep writing the next part. And I can alternate it or something like that, or you can work it out between you two. But the important part is that you are able to read my handwriting. I'll try bringing a sample to DF on Wednesday.

So maybe you want to finish getting pictures for the areas?
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 7:09 pm

I wanna be an admin! I wanna be an admin! I wan--oh wait... i am... :@#$%:

Ohwelliamaniceperson(right?right?right?anyone?GRRRRR)soillmakealistoftheonesicanhelpwith

someone with Photoshop or GIMP

someone who can read my illegible scrawl and type things up for me. (has to be someone I know IRL, and will be able to have contact with)

Make new banner

Make new skin-- i've looked at some on the admin thing

Catch up plot

Update plot

Get all characters introduced

get all characters adopted

Get pictures for all areas-- REALLY wanna do

make new button-- es posible

get an advertisement campaign up-- REALLYREALLY wanna do

add archives-- already added Smile

Do I have any volunteers for any one of the jobs?[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2010, 7:35 am

Why don't you work on wither the advertising campaign or work on getting people to adopt the needed characters.
Back to top Go down
Foxstar

Foxstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 7:11 am

You know who really wants to be an admin? That's right, ME! I am already typing up the story you gave me. I just looked at it yesterday and wrote it up, so I should have it typed up for you by Sunday. Unless my computer dies. That would be bad. And one of them is dying... That's all. Call me sometime. I miss you guys!
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 5:47 pm

Yep, I know. I actually plan to train you a bit, and then promote you to admin.

Also, thanks for looking at the Warriors story for me. I also plan on sending you the chapter of Arohtar's story soon. I only have about ten pages rewritten though.
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 9:38 am

, ill work on advertising for your webstie, put your website on mine, advertise it, and then we both get more people! ill also spread the word on other warriors websites i know of, and get us google and yahoo! searchable.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 8:06 am

Have at it.
Back to top Go down
Foxstar

Foxstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 4:47 pm

I finished the story. You only gave me one sheet, right?
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 10:23 am

AWESOME IDEA!

Hi! i had a great idea on organizing teh site-- color coding, more "subforums" and making everything consistent!

Color coding-- works great especially in creating characters: if you want an iceclan character, you have a white title, sunclan yellow, kittypet pink (or cyan, since we have no pink), loner brown, rouge dark red, etc.

"Subforums"-- used to organize seperate topics/ forums based on category, basically a way to simplify the mess in big forums

consistency-- same fonts, order, etc. for everything

I volunteer to do all of these! Icestar? your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 7:29 pm

I don't totally get it. Why don't you do part of it, like one forum or two, and then explain it to me.
Back to top Go down
Foxstar

Foxstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 12:02 pm

I get it. Then you can tell at a glance what clan the cat is in. Then with chestnut, I wouldn't have had to ask if he was a kittypet (I was pretty sure, but you never know. He could have been chestpaw!)
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 1:17 pm

yay! eventually, we could have it by rank too, like in bold or whatevver... if ice is ok, i wanna organize the entire website starting with characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 1:47 am

, ill work on advertising for your webstie, put your website on mine, advertise it, and then we both get more people! ill also spread the word on other warriors websites i know of, and get us google and yahoo! searchable.

neon open sign
Merchant Account
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 3:54 pm

WTF?!?!?!?! WHAT IS WITH ALL THE RANDOM PEOPLE JOINING AND JUST QUOTING EVERYONE?!?!?!?!? SPAMSPAMSPAM!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance to become an Admin!   Chance to become an Admin! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chance to become an Admin!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire and Ice :: Important Info :: Getting Started :: Updates-
Jump to: