Fire and Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of warriors. Which side are you on?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter of Night after Day

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

Winter of Night after Day Empty
PostSubject: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2009, 6:58 pm

Icestar smoothly jumped onto the high boulder in her camp. The moon was almost full, and it was a crisp winter night. Her breath came put in wisps of frost. She took a deep breath and yowled "let all cats old enough gather together under the High Rock for a Clan meeting!" She waited as the cats gathered. "We are here to give an apprentice his warrior name." She called to Spottedpaw, who was bouncing around. As he padded up She meowed "Let Starclan look down upon this warrior who has shown great spirit and energy. there were a few purrs of amuesment at this. "His warrior name will be Spottedfur. As she touched noses to the cat, she had a flashback......

A rose colored cat touche noses with her as the Clan called Iceheart, Iceheart. Her heart swelled with pride as she and her littermates remained on silent vigil....

She pulled away. She murmered "Remember to keep your vigil tonight". The other cats began to chant "Spottedfur, Spottedfur..." She jumped off the rock and padded into her den beneath it...

Last edited by Icestar on March 9th 2009, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 3:03 pm

Snowpelt added her own soft and smooth voice to the yowl of congratulations. She had know Spottedfur ever since she was a kit. They wern't really close; just as close as Clan members. At the mention of Spottedfur's spirit and energy, Snowpelt had let a slight but musical pur of amusement out. The young warrior was the exact defintiotn of energy. Always bouncing around in a cheery manner, Spottedfur always was there to cheer you up.

Snowpelt slowly got up from her comfortable positon from the middle of the crowd, as the leader left the clearing. The wind picked up blowing a cold splash of fresh snow into Snowpelts face. She shook it off and looked around for her best friend.
" Wildheart," She called as she spotted the strong striped pelt that she knew well. He was sitting near the entrance. She padded over to him with a smile on her bright face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 3:17 pm

Wildheart looked on from the fringes of the crowd near the enterance to the IceClan camp. He never really liked to be in the middle of things, it made the tome feel awkward. So he sat in his usual spot, almost sitting completely seperate from his Clanmates as Spottedfur achieved his warrior name. Even though this tom had never had any kits of his own, he couldn't help but feel a prickle of pride run through his pelt. He felt this way every time an apprentice got his or her warrior name; it was just part of his nature. As his leader, Icestar, touched noses with the new warrior, Wildheart added his own meow into the mix, repeating the young warrior's name happily.

As the yowls and meows of his Clan died down, Wildheart was ready to go hunting. He knew the Clan could use some, and he felt cooped up here in the camp. The striped tom got to his paws and turned, when his long time friend, Snowpelt called his name. Wildheart turned to see the white she-cat bounding toward him. Wildheart smiled at the warrior. "Hello, Snowpelt," he purred when she got closer. "I'm glad Spottedfur got his warrior name; he deserved it."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 3:41 pm

Icestar added into her den, and rearranged the moss. She then bounded out, stopping in front of Snowpelt an Wildheart. "Would you two like to lead a hunting patrol tomorrow?" She turned her head and licked a unruly patch of fur on her shouder, revealing a long pale scar in the likeness of a flowing river on her neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 4:09 pm

Wildheart's ear twitched as his sinsative ears detected another voice. He flicked his ghostly gaze away from Snowpelt for a moment to see his leader bounding across the camp to the two cats. "Of course, Icestar," the tom mewed, fluffing up his pelt against the cold. His ghostly eyes watched his leader as she licked a patch of fur, and they detected something he hadn't seen before; a scar. "Icestar... Where did you get that scar?" he asked, slightly tilting his head to the side.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 4:28 pm

Icestar snapped her head back, her eyes suddenly blazing. She took a deep breath and began to speak. "Well, a certain warrior chased a fox off Thunderclan territory... and onto Shadowclan's. I was given a lesson to remember. The cat is being sheltered by Sunclan." As she spoke, her mind was pulled back into a day long ago, and she unknowingly told the memory....

Iceheart bounded alongside Dawnpelt, running ahead of the hunting patrol. She was glad that her vigil was over. She paused as the familiar scent of fox hit her. She turned to Dawnpelt, and they silently nodded in agreement. They began to race towards the scent. But the fox smelled them, and began running. They managed to track it to the border of Shadowclan Territory. Dawnpelt saw the look in Iceheart's eyes and begged her not to go. Ignoring her, Iceheart streaked after it...

Deep in the heart of Shadowclan territory, Iceheart found herself being followed by her loyal sister, Dwnpelt. Then she noticed something was wrong. Cats began pouring out from everywhere, and Iceheart found herself fighting by Dawnpelt for her life.

They wer separated, and Iceheart went down under a pile of cats. Then they all cleared aside, and one cat remained, Oakberry, a mud colored deputy. His fangs were in a death hold on her neck. She struggled but to no avail.

The fangs flashed down, and Iceheart luckily was not killed instantly. she saw flashes of memories, and scarlet snow all around her. She felt herself go light, and everything spun. A ginger cat padded up to her. "Firestar? Is that you?" The cat spat back "No mousebrain, we came to save your flea-ridden tails" Then everything went black...

Icestar came back into reality.

"I woke up in the medicine cat's den. I had been out for days. I also bore a wound that confined me to camp, and gave me something to remember for the rest for my life. Dawnpelt had suffered from a wrenched hind paw, but that healed for good. This scar has caused me a lot of pain and grief. But those are stories for another time." Icestar turned away, tears glittering in her eyes as sh thoght of what happened as a result of a mark.

Icestar padded back into the den, and lay down in her nest. She just sat, not doing anything...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 7:35 pm

Snowpelt listened avidly as her leader told of the origin of her scar. She felt for her leaders pain and could almost see the blood flowing down her neck. She had always know that Icestar was a brave leader, but this story just confirmed it.

" Well...that was intense," Snowpelt said looking to Wildheart. She knew her friend would have appreciated the story as well.
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 9:12 pm

Dawnpelt sat in the middle of camp with her tail curled around her legs. Spottedfur, she thought. She was actully quite fond of the young warrior. Dawnpelt chanted his name with the rest of the clan, and when that was over she politly waited for Icestar to finish talking to Wildheart and Snowpelt. After Icestar paded into her den Dawnpelt followed her to find her sitting there, just sitting. "You okay?" Dawnpelt asked as she padded up to her sister.

As Dawnpelt sat there waiting for a reply she though about the conversation Icastar had been having with the other cats. I can't help wish they knew how brave I can be... Dawnpelt stiffend as she rememberd one of the biggest misunderstanding of her life:

Horror struck at Sunstars previos death, Dawnpelt walked to the center of camp as Iceheart started to address the clan. "Sunstar has died and it is time for me to name a new deputy" she yoweld. "But first we must rid the clan of the piece of crowfood that has caused all this". "Dawnpelt, you are banished from Iceclan".

When Dawnpelt was an apprentice she fought in battle against Sunstar while he was still the leader of Riverclan. She had given him a scar wich must have been reopend on a rock. Iceheart had been Sunstar's mate.

Ripells of shock swept through the clan. "She is the one who gave him the wound that he reopend on a rock" she yoweld. Dawnpelt stared up at Icestar in shock. "But Icestar I...." "No exuses Dawnpelt". "Fine than" Dawnpelt hissed through her gritted teeth. Suddenly all eyes were on their brother and sister, Duskpelt and Frostclaw. Frostclaw slowly padded twored Dawnpelt and Duskpelt in the opposit direction. "So be it" Dawnpelt and Icestar hissded in unison. "I will be back Dawnpelt swore, "I will be back". Dawnpelt padded out od the clearing with Frostclaw.

Three moons later Dawnpelt and Frostclaw returned with a full force attack of rouges. As the battle raged on Dawnpelt and Icestar strayed from camp while fighting. Soon they were at a gourge and the rocks crumbled under Icestars feet. Dawnpelt did not let her fall but instead grabed her scruff and fell with her. Icestar was having trouble swimming, due to an injury, until Dawnpelt pulled her out of the water. Icestar and Dawnpelt made up and went back to camp to stop the fighting. Sadly, during the battle Icestar's deputy had been killed during the battle, and to evryone's suprise, she named Dawnpelt the new deputy of Iceclan.

But that was all moons and moons ago, Dawnpelt reminded herself as she returned her attention to the still form of her sitting sister.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 7:40 am

"It hurts to think about the past." Iceheart meowed slowly "And I just gave a lot of it to two cats." She noticed that Dawnpelt was thinking, and she knew what of. "Dawnpelt, I know you are brave. You never had to prove that to me. I know what you are thinking about. But I have a few questions too. Why did they name the new Clan after my first mate? Why did Sunstar have kits with another cat? Why did he name that kit Sunkit?" Icestar sat up.

"You were always fond of Spottedfur. you know." Icestar added, remembering the look in Dawnpelts eyes as the hyper kit had moved from apprentice to warrior. "As am I of Nightfur. But I vowed to Starclan not to have a mate again." Icestar sighed. "I know he loves me, as I do back, but the vow...." She broke off, looking to Dawnpelt for guidance.
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 10:41 am

"I don't know Icestar... , but what I do know is that the current Sunstar is a traitor. I never really liked Sunstar, he made me feel like my sister was stolen from me. But he was a nice cat and I know that he would want you to be happy, he would forgive you Icestar".
Dawnpelt gave Icestar a playful nudge to lighten the mood in the den. "I am going to go orginize some hunting patrols" Dawnpelt said as she padded out of the den.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 4:41 pm

"Thank you Dawnpelt" Icestar mewed. Then she jumped up as if filled with new energy, and called after her "Snowpelt and Wildheart are going on one! You should bring shadowpaw out training tomorow, and then he can go to the gathering. Who else are we going to bring besides Spottedfur, shadowpaw, wildheart, snowpelt, stormwind, duskpelt, frostclaw, you, and me? I think that's enough.

Icestar nudged dawnpelt hard, and accidently knocked her off her paws. she had always been stronger, more sure footed, and quieter at stalking prey. But Dawnpelt was the wise one, and Icestar used to talk a lot, where as Dawnpelt gave out words only when needed, and used them carefully. That made up for everything. They were equal in speed, but dawnpelt won more often because she could jump faster. They tumbled into a playfight, like they used to. Icestar accidently ran into Nightfur. she jumped up. "Sorry!"

Last edited by Icestar on March 9th 2009, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Spottedfur, shadowpaw, wildheart, snowpelt, stormwind, duskpelt, frostclaw, you, and me   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 5:40 pm

Dawnpelt Sqeezed out od Icestar's den and padded up to Snowpelt. "So would you like to lead a hunting patrol? You should take Stormwind and Frostclaw". Wkile waiting for a response Dawnpelt turned around and saw Wildheart, "Hey Wildheart, could go go on a border patrol with me and Shadowpaw?".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 6:32 pm

Nightfur stood towards the back as Spottedfur received her warrior name, he could still remember how he frost felt when he recived his name. it was a feeling that would never leave him, he joined in with the others as they shouted out her new name. Once every one quieted down his eyes drifted to each clan clan cat, he was proud to be apart of Iceclan. There was nothing like it, everyone cat here was loyal to the clan, prey was plentiful and there were no problems from the other clan.

while he was lost any his own thoughts he was almost knocked over by Icestar and Dawnfur, "Ah so i see our leader still time for fun every now and then." he said with a chuckle. Icestar was a cat he really respected, and cared for though he never spoke of his feelings out loud to her, he was just a warrior while she was the leader of the clan. it just didn't seem like she would interested in a tom like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 9:36 pm

" Of course I will," Snowpelt said shaking a couple of fresh snow flakes. It was cold outside, but the small mammals that hunted in these parts were used to the weather and would surely be out like normal.

As she headed towards where Frostclaw sat, she felt a small tingle go through her slim form at Stormwind's name. She had sort of a soft spot for him. He was just so nice and seemed very caring. But Snowpelt didn't like expressing her emotions to him around his brother, Wildheart. Things were complicated, because, even as she felt that way about Stormwind her feeling were the same for his strong brother, Wildheart. Her mind was moving in two different ways. But she would just do what she had always done, and that was to treat each of them the the same. " Hey, Frostclaw. I'm leading a hunting patrol and we need you," Frostclaw said in a somewhat distant voice.
As Snowpelt waited for her answer she looked around for one of the objects of her thoughts. She couldn't find Stormwind.

Last edited by Gracie on March 9th 2009, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 4:25 pm

Icestar sat up, not bothering to brush snow off her fur. "Yes" she purred with amuesment. "You do realize that I'm only a few moons older then you. And we're fairly young" She chuckled in her low voice, and for a moment her eyes lit up, and she was the hyper young warrior she had been- before the first Sunstar. She returned to the reserved cat she was now, and shook off the snow on her fur. She was reminded of her odd scent, clean and fresh like snow. "Would you like to share some prey?" She asked. She was hungry, and she hadn't eaten since the day before. She had never had to eat much, and she didn't want to eat a whole piece of prey, scrawny as it might be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 5:01 pm

Nightfur cocked his head to the as she metioned their ages, "Well... yes i guess we both are still young" he felt nervous speaking to her like this, not a feeling a was used to. He looked into her icy blue eyes, one could lose themselves within them. Icestar was a beautiful she-cat, her snow white fur blended perfectly with the snow while he stuck out like a sore thumb with his black pelt. he snap his self out of her gaze once she spoke to him once more, "Sure Icestar i could use something to eat." though he wasn't all that hungry. he just enjyed spending his time by Icestar's side even if it was for a brief moment.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 5:09 pm

Icestar mrrowed with laughter, seeing him follow orders. "You know, you don't have to follow everything I say. I'm not a dictator after all!" She bounded over to the fresh kill pile, snatched up a fat fish, and padded back to Nightfur. She lay down, and so did he. She felt his pelt press against hers. She ducked her head, and began to eat the silvery fish, only taking a few bites. She finished her part, and he did as well, but she ate more. She hesitated, then began to share tongues with him, licking the soft, dark fur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 5:22 pm

After eating the fish he began to wash his paws, he felt a bit embarrassed that she that he was just following orders.Nightfur licked his paw and wiped his face, "Yes i know that Icestar, but i did not take it as an order, i simply just enjoy being around you." he said without really thinking about what he said.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 5:26 pm

"As I with you" Icestar purred softly back. She continued washing him in silence, then stopped. She nuzzled him. "You know that we could be together.... forever. I wold be proud to be your mate Nightfur." She licked the fur on top of his head, then buried her muzzle in his fur. He smelled like night, deep, mysterious, but loving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 6:29 pm

Nightfur was surprised at what she said, she also enjoyed being around him. He closed his eyes as Icestar continued to groom his fur, he felt each gentle rasp of her tongue messaging his fur. this was a moment he wished would never end, but she stopped but her grooming was replaced by a nuzzle. then her words than came after it, words he thought he would never from his leader. She wanted to become his mate, to stay by his side, and he would do the same for her, he rested his head on top of hers, " Icestar, you don't know how long i've waited to hear you say that. I never believed you liked me that way."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 7:56 pm

"You remind me of the first Sunstar." Icestar replied simply. She pulled her head back, and began to groom Nightfur again. "You have to realize, this is hard for me. After he died, I vowed I would never have a mate again." She thought for a moment. "I need someone who can match my fire, as Brambleclaw with Squirrelflight. That is one area you excel where Sunstar didn't." She stood up, and flicked her tail across his shoulder. "It's getting late. Tomorrow's the gathering." She padded away to her den, where she curled up on her moss and slept....

(okay, as soon as shadow posts, I'll make it the next day... the day of the gathering!!!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 9:50 pm

(Sorry for bein' late guys. T.T)

Wildheart nodded slightly as Icestar walked away. "Sure was," he mewed to Snowpelt. After that everything seemed to happen quickly, until finally Dawnpelt padded up to him and asked him to join a border patrol. "Right now?" he asked the deputy, getting to his paws to face her. "I'd like to, I'm game any time." His paws were prickling to do something, and his mind wondered where his brother, Stormwind, was. It's not like him to sneak off alone, he thought. Probably just hunting again.

(Couldn't make a very long one... <.<)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 4:48 pm

Snowpelt only knew one cat who probably knew where Stormwind was. She headed straight back to where Wildheart was about to leave for a hunting patrol.
" Hey Wildheart. Have you seen your brother. Icestar wants be to lead a patrol with him and Frostclaw," She said looking up to the tall warrior
( really small but its all i could do )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 5:00 pm

Wildheart turned to a soft voice behind him. He knew who it was before he laid eyes on the white she-cat, and when his ghostly pale eyes gazed at her it only confirmed his thoughts. Smiling to himself, he answered the question that had been on his mind, too. "Actually, I don't," he mewed. "The last I saw him was this morning. He told me he'd be hunting all day I think, you know how bad I am with remembering stuff like that," he joked, but told the truth. That was all he knew about his brother. A big, white, fluffy snowflake flitted down from the sky and landed right on the warrior's nose. Wildheart made a strange sound of shock from the cold, something that sounded like a cough because of it, and, finally, a finishing, and expected sneeze. "Ugh..." the tom groaned, swiping a paw across his nose. "Sometimes I hate the snow."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 5:11 pm

Snowpelt laughed at Wildheart. Most cats who only knew him as a fellow warrior would think that he was all seriousness. But she knew him the best, other than his brother that is. On a radam impulse she swiped the intricate snowflake off his nose in a playful, but caring action. She then added a joke so not to let Wildheart in on her hidden feelings.
" Well you live in a place that's covered in it. Smart choice," She said with a musical laugh. " I guess I'll just head out with Frostclaw and see if we can find Stormwind," Snowpelt said turning to make sure Frostclaw was still there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter of Night after Day   Winter of Night after Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter of Night after Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire and Ice :: IceClan :: IceClan Camp-
Jump to: