Fire and Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of warriors. Which side are you on?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) Empty
PostSubject: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 6:21 pm

Arrolas loped through the forest, making no sound. He was not panting, for he wasn't tired. His muzzle was not smiling, yet he wasn't sad. His paws made no sound, and his scent was that of the wood, so he couldn't be tracked. Arrolas' eyes were a steely blue-grey. His sensitive nose picked up the scent of cats. Yes. This was where he must go; the two stones. He sat in the grass, awaiting the cat's to arrive for the gathering...
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2009, 7:23 pm

Icestar raced through the woods, across the river, and across the moor. She paused at the top of the ravine, and noticed the wolf. She beckoned for her clan to follow, and rushed into the ravine...

Icestar hissed at the wolf "Who are you?". Arrolas calmly replied "I am Arrolas." Icestar stepped back as she realized this wolf was speaking cat. She narrowed her eyes "Why have you come.?" Again, Arrolas smoothly replied "I have a message for the clans." At this, Icestar turned to Dawnpelt and Nightfur to talk.
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2009, 11:24 pm

Dawnpelt looked at the wolf and smiled. "A talking wolf, and mabey even a smart one" she said she flicked her tail too tell evreyone too ignor her words. She looked at the wolf and sad" Give us the message than". Her claws were unshethed so that if the wold tried anything it would have too get through her before it got too any of her clanmates. She gazed up at the wolf and waited for a reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2009, 11:14 am

Nightfur followed closely behind Icestar on the way to the gathering He wondered what the other clan was up to. maybe he would get a chance to find out at this gathering. But as Icestar led them down to where it would they spotted a wolf, but this was no ordinary wolf it was able to speak and knew of the clans, "u guess we should listen its not everyday you find a wolf that can talk."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2009, 11:22 am

Icestar listened to Nightfur and Dawnpelt, and nodded at the wolf, Arrolas to continue. She had no idea what he wanted to say or do, or why he had even come. But then again, as Dawnpelt and Nightfur had pretty much said that w should listen, after all, how often does one listen to a wolf speak Cat?

Arrolas parted his jaws to speak "The time of the Clans is coming to the end. Beware those who hunt in packs, flashing jaws, and sing to the night. Beware the wolves. They are coming... They are coming." His steely eyes seemed to harden, even though he as talking of his race. His silver fur stood on end, and his fangs glistened, pale like the moon.
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2009, 6:01 pm

Sunstar led his clan across the beach, then the hills to get to the gathering. He went the usual path along the tallest hill. He pause, and looked around. He noticed Icestar, near a wolf, off in the distance. "No... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to rescue IceClan! Even though they are our enemies, it is the right thing to do! You three- go to camp and tell the rest what has happened! Senior warriors and Swiftpaw, let's go!!!
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2009, 7:21 pm

Dawnpelt stared at the wolf with wide eyes. "If you are a wolf then why arn't you killing us?" she chalanged. She sighed as she heard comotion from behind her. It was Sunclan and now they would attack it. "Icestar, can I go get Sunclan to calm down?" she asked her leader.
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2009, 7:30 pm

"Clan, halt!" said Sunstar. "We need to make sure that IceClan is in danger before we launch in to battle". Let's go, but be prepared to fight. SunClan crept forward towards the wolf. " What are you doing here?!" growled Sunstar. The wolf showed no signs of backing down. "I have something I must tell you..."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 7:28 pm

Icestar turned to Dawnpelt and answered simply, with a glint of humor in her azure eyes. "Please." The white she-cat knew that Dawnpelt would understand not only her disguised dislike but amusement in her voice and expression. The pair had been close right from the day from they were born, and had only left the other's side for a few moons when Icestar had been overwhelmed by grief, which had clouded her judgment. This had beeen he darkest time of Iceclan, and had been deeply interwoven with both Sunstars and Sunclan. Icestar spoke with the telepathy that they shared, along with a weaker link with Frostclaw, although Dawnpelt's was stronger. "You know I'm sorry, I know now that my actions were wrong."

Arrolas sighed deeply and spoke once more. "I am not like the rest of my kin. I am an Edhel, an Elf. We are much like wolves, but more noble and natural. I came to warn you, on a mission from Manwe, one of our... leaders of our Starclan." Arrolas tried to explain things in terms the cats could understand. His evershifting eyes glanced around at the mass of cats, and his tail raised slightly in the hope that the Clans would heed his words.

(ehh..... short post)
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 4:52 pm

Dawnpelt ran up to Sunstar oan bowed her head in respect, out of breath. "Don't worry, I don't think the wolf will hurt us". Dawnpelt ran back to Icestar. "He understands, I think", she murrmurd into Icestar's ear.

Pinekit skimmed along two stones, trying to find a good view of what was going on. Soon he found a small gap in in an old tree. He could barely fit in the small space, but he maneged to get it. It was a lot warmer in the tree crack than it was out in the cool night air. He saw Sunstar and lifted his chin proudly. Someday he would be Pinestar, leader of Sunclan. He would defete Iceclan once and for all and rule the forest. He wasn't like Tigerstar of course, he would never hurt a cat for power. All his thought vanished when her saw Icestar, Dawnpelt, and the rest of Iceclan. His hackels raised, he had heard stories about how Icestar, the evil leader of Iceclan had forced Sunstar out of the clan and how Dawnpelt had a tendincy to attack sunstar whenever she got a chance. The reat of Iceclan had their flaws too. He had heard that ttheir old medicene cat had taked one of Sunstar's lives out of cold blood under Icestar's orders. Deep down he knew they were all just rumors, but right know he was just a kit, he belived whatever his elders told hem. Suddenly he saw the wolf. It was going to hurt his clan! He knew that he had to be a warrior and save his clan! He shakely pushed his way out of the crack in the tree. He silently dashed across the clearing. No one noticed hin, they were all focased on the wolf. He hesitated for a second befor leaping onto the wolf's back clawing and biting at it.
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 8:40 pm

Sunstar came face-to-face with this mysterious wolf. "What is going on?!", asked Sunstar. "What is a Manwe? What is Edhel? Start making sense, or leave! We are trying to have a gathering, if you didn't notice! If you have something to say, SPIT IT OUT! I don't have patience for nonsense." Sunstar snuck a glance at Icestar and Dawnpelt. He could see a glint of humor in their eyes. "Icestar, do you know what is going on?"

(Thanks for FINALLY posting! We have been waiting since July 10 Smile )
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 3:33 pm

Arrolas saw the kit coming, and let it clamber onto him, even bending unoticably aa bit so the kit could come on more easily, disguising it as a lowered body to the ground to scent it, or maybe even trying to see eye to eye with the cats. He felt the clawing and biting, but felt no pain through his thick fur. A glimmer of amuesment flickered across his eyes, now amber like the Sunclan leader's. "The kit can remain on my back if he so chooses; he does no harm. Although I don't believe kits should be at gatherings."

The Sunclan leader spat at him, and Arrolas answered, not annoyed by the cats harsh words. "Be calm. I will answer your questions. Manwe is like our leader of Starclan, a special wolf god for those who are not savage and witless. An Edhel is what I am, much like you are a warrior. Although I presume you are the leader, not the Chosen leader, but the splinter Clan. I have come to tell you that there is a end coming to the Clans, although I and my allies have not figured out when. I could be as soon as next leaf bare, or many generations from now."

Icestar mrrowed in amuesment as the kit clambered onto Arrolas' back, trying to destroy the wolf with a fury that only kits possess. She narrowed her eyes, and unsheathed her claws when the Sunclan leader spoke. She spoke simply " I think if you had been lstening, you would know that our clans are going to be destroyed in the unforseeable future." As the knowledge hit her, her eyes opened wide with realizaion, and she called to the wolf. "Will you ever find out?"

Arrolas turned to the snowy she-cat. "Ai, Icestar. Starclan has always called to you and your kin more strongly then any. And not without reason." He padded over, glancing at her neck. "And you have marks to prove it." Icestar shifted, not sure what do do just yet. "I know the spotlight wasn't meant for you, but the cats who it was meant for played other parts." Now his green gaze turned to Dawnpelt and Frostclaw as he waited for their respones.

Last edited by Icestar on November 14th 2009, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2009, 8:05 pm

Dawnpelt was tong-tied, and not exactly happy. Of course she was in the spotlight, she had done just as much as Icestar had! "If you insist on being diffacult, and you cannot answer our quetion, than thank you for the warning, but you can leave now." Dawnpelt was too proud to let a wolf shame her like this. 'If you didn't know, I was in the fight with Shadowclan to, and I was out almost half as long as her!" Suddenly Dawnpelt relized what she had said out lound in front of the clans. She bowed her head in shame and said "sorry Icestar". She waited for someone to break the akward, embarasing silence.

As soon as Pinekit relized that the wolf was in fact amused and would not fight back, he slipped of it's back and ran to hide inbetween Sunsta's legs, for he was like a father to him. He knew he would be scolded, but at the moment he was just embarrased and confused. He listed to Dawnpelt's words, what an idiot, when I am leader I will never shame myself and my clanmates like that!
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2009, 10:33 am

"So we are supposed to drop everything and listen to some psychotic wolf who may or may not try to kill us just because he says so? Oh come on, we aren't that pathetic.
"Pinekit! You will be dealt with at camp. I don't want to even imagine the chaos at camp. Silverwing! Oakberry!" he called, saying the latter name through clenched jaws, for he strongly hated Oakberry. "Go to camp and tell them Pinekit is fine, but in a lot of trouble" he added, glancing at the trembling ball of fur at his legs. "Now, where were we?"
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2009, 11:33 am

Icestar sensed her sister's emotions, and sent a thought of calmness and placation. 'Of course you have done just as much.' But she remembered something and muttered it darkly across their telepathic connection. 'Yet some would say you have had less sorrow, and less to give up.' Dawnpelt blurted something out loud, and Icestar stffened. For a moment her eyes were more like shards of ice then ever. Then she relaxed, and put the tip of her tail on her sister's shoulder in a gesture of forgiveness.

Arrolas smiled at Dawnpelts words, but his lips twitched at Sunstar's, exposing long ivory fangs. " I will not try to change your beliefs, for you will not listen. The wolf turned one ice blue eye not unlike Icestar's to Dawnpelt. "Dawnpelt, the faithful sister of Icestar. You have remained by her side for almost forever. You came back from death for her. Yet now doubt grows in you mind?" He smiled as he saw her expression of something between annoyance and anger. He smiled gently "I do not mean to offend you Little Ones. Yet doubt spreads, harming others although you may not wish it. And as for your question-" here he trailed off, his great head raised to the sky, and he sang a prophecy. He couldn't control what he said, the words just came, in an eerie and chilling howl, the melody shifting in between verses.

"It's been a long path to follow
Here today, gone tomorrow"

A vision of a pack of wolves filled his mind. They were all running towards a group of cats, who stood bravely to meet their doom.

"Where have the memories gone?
Was it all so long ago?"

Images of the battle beginning took place in his mind. Fangs and claws slashed across the moon, and blood flowed, turning the world a haze of scarlet.

"Home is behind
The world ahead"

Now a group of cats looked down on the carnage. A later image of them struggling through deep snow. Across a desert. More and more came to him.

"With the shadow
to the edge of night"

An image of a cat sacrificing all where a line of dark started. Arohtar wasn't sure what it was.

"One shall find his voice... tonight."

The image of the same cat filled his mind. A cat at this gathering.

The song died away, echoing off the stones around them The Clans were silent, in awe and admiration. Arrolas's head slowly came back down, his ever changing eyes closed. He slowly sank into a sitting position. His powers took a lot out of him. Around him, it was still quiet...

(I don't own the songs some of the lyrics were taken from. They are Gravity from Wolf's Rain, and To the Edge of Night by Billy Boyd, from LoTR. Again, I own nothing.)

Last edited by Icestar on November 22nd 2009, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawnpelt
Deputy
Dawnpelt

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2009, 11:59 am

Dawnpelt was shaking, she really did not know what to say. Icestar you mousebrain, don't you see the situation you just put in! She let out a shaky breath, it was visible in the cold winter air. "I'm going back to camp Icestar, you finish this alone." She walked out of the clearing, trying to turn invisable in front of all the waching eyes, soon she was wandering aimlessly through the forest. What did I do to deserve this, why me? It may have seemed pathetic to any cat that was waching, but her life had been hard, she had been through so much with her sister, and now she was having her faith tested by some random wolf! She stumbled an fell over, she did not know were. Dawnpelt breathed deeply and fell asleep. Nightgaze, are you there? Please help, she pleaded to her mate from her previose life, please help.

(I know this is really pathetic, but what else was I supossed to do? Icestar put me in a very hard position.)

Last edited by Dawnpelt on November 20th 2009, 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moonheart
Deputy
Moonheart

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2009, 11:27 am

As he was walking with his clan. Moonheart felt a sudden feeling of dread. Knowing from expirience that very bad things happen when he feels this, he decided to hide in the leaves. He took this stange caution because it felt right to him at the time. Moonheart cursed at how hard it was to get and stay hidden with a white coat. He stuck out like a sore thumb! After a while, he became quite satisfied with how well he was hidden. All of a sudden, a wolf came flying out of the trees. He decided against attacking it on the spot. He did this for three very good reasons. One, it would over-power him in an instant. Two, it may not pose a threat to his clan. Three, it has never been Moonheart's nature to be hostile to something he has just seen (unless it's prey in Iceclan territory). He watched intently, for if it did attack his clan, he would be ready to pounce on it's back and, given the order to, snap its neck.

However, it didn't attack, it started a discussion...in cat!!! He listened as best he could with the feeling of dread in mind. After a short period of time, he noticed Sunclan approaching. He cursed under his breath, for he wanted to alert Icestar but couln't sacrafice his position or shatter the wolf's trust. Suspenseful, he noticed that Dawnpelt alerted Icestar of Sunclan. Relief flowed through him. He strained his senses, knowing he could be needed at any moment. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a kit from Sunclan aproaching the wolf. Looking closer, he realised that it was going to attack! Under normal cercumstances, he may have enjoyed this scenario, but now he had his clan to worry about. The kit pounced. He realised that the wolf was actually amused. Relief flowed through him for the second time. How many times can we nearly be attacked, he thought.

The discussion continued. He heard what Dawnpelt said. Obviously this wolf had gotten into her emotions. As the wolf raised it's giant head, he watched closely. It started singing. It sang a mysterious song. All of the cats were silent with awe. Moonheart watched as Dawnpelt left for camp. Finally it was the perfect time for him to join this..."gathering" and be with his clan. Moonheart, breaking the silence, got out of the leaves and shook them off, slowly but loudly. As he was padded towards the center of the meeting, he said,"Hello, Arrolas." When he took Dawnpelt's position beside Icestar, facing the wolf he said,"Forgive me for what looks like my distrust. For you see, I felt a sudden feeling of dread and that I should take to hiding. I believe you are all familiar with what happens when I get a sudden feeling of dread. This, on top of what Arrolas has said, not to mention this...song, concerns me very much, and I wish to be a part of this meeting."

Last edited by Moonheart on November 22nd 2009, 3:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2009, 8:52 am

(it's actually sun's turn, then mine...)
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2009, 4:29 pm

"An end is coming to the clans. Great. We haven't noticed that the 4 clans split up, cats are dying from sickness, and prey is scarce. Icestar, if you hae anything to say, great. Otherwise, lets leave. I honestly thank you for the warning, but we aren't in a position to do anything. Let us know if something else major happens. And is that a prophecy? Who finds a voice?". He turned to his friend and senior warrior, Smokepelt. "What do you think?" he asked. Sunstar knew that leaders should get input from deputies before taking charge, but Hawclaw decided to stay at camp for some mytsterious reason. I will remember to Hawkclaw he is in BIG trouble, he thought. Deputies NEVER miss out on meetings. If he doesn't give one good reason for being gone, I will punish him or have Smokepelt replace him.

(btw, if icestar talks, sunclan stays. otherwise, we leave to go to camp)

Last edited by Sunstar on December 11th 2009, 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonheart
Deputy
Moonheart

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 5:42 pm

(Sorry Sun, Hawkclaw is at camp.)
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2009, 8:29 am

fantastic. Deputies don't miss meetings, but whatever, you will face the consequences. I edited Smile Redfur/icestar's turn!
Back to top Go down
Redfur

Redfur

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2009, 9:19 pm

Smokepelt paused a moment before he spoke. He replied, "Our leader is right. So far he has given us no proof to believe that the Clans are in any danger, and what he has given us is rather vague and undescriptive." Smokepelt looked to Arrolas. "Now if you would like to elaborate, I believe we should stay and hear what you have to say, but if you don't we have no further business here and I would advise returning to camp."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:27 pm

(Meh, crappy post. Sun's turn

Icestar was in awe of the song. Dawnpelt spoke mentally to her, and Icestar answered in a semi-rude and possibly sarcastic "Uhhh... No.". Dawnpelt left, and the snowy she-cat's tail began to lash. Dawnpelt was acting in an unnecessary manner. Moonheart took her place, and spoke. Icestar hissed at him to be quiet, and shouldered him back to his place. Sunstar spoke rudely, and Icestar's claws unsheathed, and she crouched as if to attack. She spat at Sunstar."Then leave, mouse-brain. Iceclan doesn't care if Sunclan is too stupid to listen to a warning." Smokepelt opened his jaws and agreed with Sunstar. Icestar dismissed his remark with a flick of her tail. He was acting as if he was deputy- but was he? Icestar noticed Hawkclaw wasn't there, and began to wonder.

Arrolas was still tired from the use of his powers. He did not answer as he tried to put words together in his head in a way that would make sense to the cats and himself. He could also see that Sunstar was a lost cause. He turned away from Sunstar. 'When all is lost, and you are in despair, only then will you heed my warnings.' His eyes were now a mournful gray. He awaited the Clan's absence to speak further.
Back to top Go down
Sunstar
Leader
Sunstar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 9:57 pm

"Look, no disrespect, but I get it. We are all going to die. I will take this into consideration and look for anything that looks out of place, and I will add extra patrols. Bye! Have fun dying" said Sunstar. He signaled to his Clan to leave. He thought about what to tell Hawkclaw. He specifically told Hawkclaw to come, and since Sunstar was in a hurry (he was almost late for the gathering) he had to trust that Hawkclaw would come. He had no idea why Hawkclaw was absent. Sunstar sighed. That would be dealt with later, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Leader
Icestar

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 8:56 pm

(So Sunclan is leaving- Sunclan members can post now on their cat leaving.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)   a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a canine in a feline wood (gathering topic)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next